Personal Information – what we collect and why we collect it
We collect personal information so that we can provide the Services in an efficient and effective manner. The type of information that we may collect in order to do this includes: your name, your contact details, your date of birth, your gender, your nationality, details of your education and working career, details of your personal interests, details of the debit cards and credit cards that you use for payments, details of your use of our Site, and your IP address.
Personal Information – how we collect it
We collect personal information in the following ways:
- by asking you to provide information about yourself;
- by obtaining certain information about you through the use of data collection devices, such as web beacons and cookies
Personal Information – what we do with it
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to inform you of organizational data that may be of interest
- to provide you with private and secure areas to post and modify your submissions to the Services (such as updating your Objectives, or message a colleague)
- to send you newsletters and other information related to your interests (where you have agreed to this)
- to notify you of new services offered by our Site (where you have agreed to this)
- to notify you of any changes to your use of the Services.
- to analyse the use of the Services in order to improve it.
Your personal information will also be made available to the following persons:
-where you have expressly permitted us to do so in setting or amending your account profile then your personal information will be made available to other users of the Services (please note that Node is not responsible for what other users subsequently do with your information. Further, given that some users may be based outside the European Economic Area, you should bear in mind that such users may not be subject to type of data protection legislation that applies within the EEA)
- where we are taking payment from you for goods or services then we will share with reputable financial institutions and credit reference agencies such of your personal information as is necessary in order to process that payment and prevent the fraudulent use of credit cards etc. (please note that Node is not responsible for what these institutions and agencies may subsequently do with your information)
- where we reasonably determine that it is necessary in order to comply with the law, to cooperate with or seek assistance from law enforcement, to prevent a crime or protect national security, or to protect the interests or safety of Node or other users of The Services then we may disclose your information to such persons as are relevant for those purposes
- where Node or its assets are subject to a transfer of ownership then your personal information may be transferred to the new owner, but your personal information will continue to be held on the same terms as before
Personal Information – what we do not do with it
We do not make your personal information available to other persons so that they may contact you for marketing or promotional purposes.
Correction and Removal
At any time you may access any of your personal information held by Node (i.e. not just the information held as part of your account profile) in order to review, correct or update such information.
Further, you may at any time request that we permanently delete all your personal information held by Node. Following such a request, we will cease to use or make available your personal information (other than where required by law). We will also delete your personal information from our systems with the exception of information that is contained in emails, correspondence and other documents that we may retain as evidence of the terms of the legal relationship between us and you. Please note that we may need you to verify your identity before we process your request.
Security for your Personal Information
Node has taken considerable steps to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure. As part of this process, we have encrypted all account and password data. Although we have taken all reasonable steps, there is no such thing as infallible security. Thus, we cannot guarantee that your personal information will not be subject to unauthorised access.
Additional terms – AI
For enrollment in our AI program, please review the additional terms and conditions here.